Saturday, September 18, 2010

Nara Candle Festival

It's such a shame though.
I couldn't stay longer for the official candle lighting ceremony.
i really did enjoy myself even though the whole time it was only me and my mum.
I just don't know why but i was feeling really happy.

it's just that today,
when i hear people speaking japanese (there were a number of highschool students from Nara highschool, a school from Japan), The presentations (singing) were in japanese and even the food were Japanese and i just felt so happy.

I ate Mochi, Takoyaki, Fried Udon(i forgot the name of the dish),
I saw how Mochi was made,
I saw kendo today,
I wrote my own name in japanese,
I wrote my wish and tied it onto the wishing tree,
these things, i have not thought of ever having the chance to see it.
haha

well i did see Kendo before but that was on tv,
it's so different than when we watch it with our own eyes.

Overall, i'm real glad that i'm able to experience such things.
here are some pictures i took today,
too bad that i only got a 16mb memory card to take pictures with so i had limited numbers of pictures taken.
Anyway, enjoy looking at the pictures~





-Mochi-

-Takoyaki-


- the singer from the band had such a lovely voice. It's soothing to hear but i dare say that his voice sound much younger than how he looked. hehehe XP-




- japanese caligraphy
left:mine, right: the guy who taught me -

No comments: