Thursday, August 5, 2010

it's been awhile....

hey there my fellow readers...

my, i sound so...... weird 0o0
anyway, I couldn't believe how fast time flew by.
The last time i post was on the trip to snowy mountains... that was in may
and now????
its august!

I've been busy with my assignments but for the past week, i've been having my break.
My first few days of break was good...
On thursday last week, it was officially the first day of my break even when my classes stopped on tuesday.
The reason why i said it was due to me having to be the MC for iFocus (christian Fellowship in Uni)
It's just a small group of.... usually 10 people who attend. so it's not that big and i'm still learning....
i'm actually petrified about speaking in front of people and i'd just freak out.
I sorta volunteered for the MC-ing just so that i could practice speaking to a group of people.

I noticed my presentation for assignments are getting better too.
i would usually read, i mean really READ my text when i was in front of the class.
last tuesday(my last day of class for Winter Term),
my group and I had to present our group work that is related to how we were to rebrand our Uni's Faculty of Arts and Design to the market.
We had to not only present it to the class and our tutor but also to the DEAN of the faculty and his MARKETING TEAM.
It was so scary!!!!

The reason why i said i improved a little in my presentation was due to the presentation. I noticed that throughout my speech, i had at least looked up at the audience throughout my speech.
Okay, i know you guys might think it's nothing but to me it feels like a really big leap from having my eyes always glued to the speech in my hands to sometimes looking at the audience.

so.... back to the main topic at hand.
my break kicked start on thursday night and the very next day, i went to a fellow christian friends place for dinner. the evening that day, i even learned to make a dessert and i prepared it for dinner. It was a fruit,rice-custard pudding.
Erm, it might not sound good but i've received good comments from those who had tried it.
Not just that, when my mum made it, all those who ate it had 2nd and 3rd helpings.

Then, on sunday that week -which was last sunday, my family went to Perisher!
We went there with a couple of malay families.
It was enjoyable apart from the waiting for the other families.

We left the house at 6.30am to reach at the meeting point at 7am.
we then journeied to Cooma, our pit-stop. The other families rented some boots from a hire store.
We then continued on our journey and reach an area near our destination at about 11-ish, 12-ish in the afternoon. We had our lunch and changed.... and proceeded to our destination which is Perisher.

on the way climbing up Perisher, we had to stop to fit on snow chains to continue on.
that process nearly took up an hour. the real disappointing thing is, the snow chain my dad bought did not fit the car's tyres.
apart from that, we saw snow!!!!
i mean FRESH SNOW FROM THE SKY!!!!!
kids ran out of their cars and took pictures and ran around while the men still trying to fit the snow chains.

then the reall dissappointment came which was, my family could continue to drive up to the lookout where there are more snow. there were ppl guarding the road and they only allow 4-W drives and snow chain fitted 2-W drives up. In the end, my family stayed at the stop where the guards were.
The rest went up to the lookout.
My family left at about 2.30pm to drive back down to the nearest town. There we slept for a bit.
We continued to wait until 7PM!!!! i repeat 7PM! for the other families to get to us.
I turned out that the rest was stuck in the blizzard.

We all then journeyed to my dad's friend's place for dinner at 10+ at night....
by the time my family reached home, it was close to midnight...
that sure was a tiring day.

the next few days was alright. i was just lazing around at home until yesterday (thursday)
my brother and i went over to a friend's place for dinner. it's a really small group but we had fun chatting over dinner.

and today... i'm blogging!!!!
hahaha

it's been ages since i last updatted my blog so i decided to post something... haha

i'll upadate again and the next time, it will be pictures from perisher!!!!

BTW, Perisher and Snowy Mountain are 2 different places~

c u all soon!!

No comments: