Tuesday, August 10, 2010

1st Official baked cake 7/8/2010

hey guys,

as the title said, i had baked my 1st official cake.
I've baked cakes before but they are all either from pre-mixed packets or i had my mum do it with me.

this time round, i baked the cake from scratch by myself with a little guidance from my mum.

oh and if you are wondering what cake it is?
it's a strawberry, marmalade sponge cake.
XP

and if you are wondering about the icing,
i didn't have enough cream so i only have it on the top.

The pictures below are taken with care.... XP
I wanted to try taking pictures like how professionals do...
i tried taking pictures on different locations and lightning.
after taking the pictures, i just added in my name at the bottom of each picture.
so how did i do?
does it look professional too?
XP







3 comments:

UntilTheEnd said...

That cake looks beautiful and delicious! I really like the way you organized the strawberries on top.

The frosting looks like the good kind, may I ask what you made it with?

UntilTheEnd said...

That cake looks both beautiful and delicious! The way you organized the strawberries on top is great too!

Also, may I ask what you made the frosting out of? It looks like it's the good kind.

Grace KJL said...

Well, i just used icing sugar and cream - it can be any type of cream that can be used. In my case, i only had a bottle of double thick cream in my fridge.

there are many ways to make the frosting my favourite would be cheese cream frosting. =D