Monday, September 17, 2012

New Resolution

Hello once again to all my fellow readers,

It is already September and 3/4 of the year is gone.
I've been many ups and downs during the past few months trying to adjust myself to my surroundings.
It's been about a little over 5 months since I got back to Malaysia and I've pretty much got used to my home and the surroundings. The only problem that I have is that I am not fully adjusted to the weather yet.
real funny but it's true that I find it real hot and humid over here and i've been trying my best to find a cool place to go to instead of the hot humid areas outdoors.

As mentioned in my previous post, I'll be searching for a different field to explore in and due to this,
I'm pretty much frustrated.
I began to do some self-reflection, I took a look at my past, my achievements, and the road that I had taken up till today.
I'm still at the fork road, not knowing where I should go next, not knowing what to do....

Credit: emergenceearth.com

well, after thinking, contemplating and all, I've come to a decision to try to do my best in everything that I'll come across. I noticed that I'm a quiet person and I tend to worry a lot and also sometimes think too much too. Due to this, I would say that I had missed a lot of opportunities.

Being the type of person that worries, thinks too much, I found myself to have quiet low in confidence and now,
I have decided to change!
I'm going to take things slow and change my life slowly.
I know it'll be a challenge but i've got to start somewhere.
I'm going to take a step further and see what that will lead up too.

I used to be the one thinking I'm not the lucky one, lucky draws, competitions are those that I stay away.
In my head, I'll be thinking that I never gotten lucky, who am I to win a competition?, what do i have that's special enough to win something?
these are the questions that always play in my head which leads me to not participating a lot.

Since accessing myself, I've come to know that I actually don't know much about myself.
what are my strengths? what are my gifts? what am I good at?
I honestly can't answer them.
When I sat out of all the possible competitions, activities, I had lost all those opportunity in finding out all the answers that I had just written out.
When one don't try it out, one wont find out.

Jackson Brown had a saying;

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”


And I believe by doing so, will I only know more about myself, and then too, will I be able to achieve things that I did not before.

My first step towards overcoming my old self is to participate in a competition that is currently going on online.
I have had many pass me by and I shall make sure that I submit my entry.
I do hope that I'll qualify and win a chance to Korea (It's one of my dreams to do so). 

If you are curious, do take a look and participate too. Who knows i'll see you there~ (If I make it XP)

Okay, so here's the details about the competition.
It's basically organised by Korea Tourism Organisation, buzz Korea and Korean Air and it is called Asia On Air Program.
Contestants just need to submit either a video or a blog entry according to the given topic.
For more information, feel free to click onto the image below and it'll link you to the page.
Dateline is 23rd of September and the results will be out on the 28th so I wish you good luck, if any of you are taking part.

buzz KOREA invites buzz KOREA members to Asian On Air Event

So... yeah, that's all from me for today. I hope my post has touched at least some of you reading out there.
To those of you who are exactly like me, I do hope that you'll take the first step to change your old self as I am.
It'll be great to know and an encouragement to know that you or I am not the only one that is going through this stage of life.

Anyway, I wish you all Good Luck in everything that you do!!!
Until next time~

Grace Kwong JL.

No comments: